Saturday, May 17, 2008

Quick Update

Thank you to everyone who encouraged me, one way or another, in the difficult decision of whether or not to take part in FringeNYC. I know that if you didn't care, you wouldn't have told me your opinion.

I have declined the honor of performing Ohio Trip in New York in August. While it would have been a memorable experience, the workload and financial expenses were insurmountable in light of other projects I have on my plate this summer.

As an artist, one must learn to treat one's work as a business, not a hobby. Now if I'd been invited to go to New York to knit with seasilk and buffalo fiber for three weeks...

Thank you again, and check back soon for my adventures with gauge, or as I am starting to think of it, gouge.

1 comment:

Kara said...

I am sure you made the right decision. How exciting that it was even a possibility. What a compliment.