Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Accidental Rainbow

I honestly didn't mean to come up with this:


But there I was, knitting blue, then the yarn when all pink and red on me, and before I knew it, in less than three days, there was practically a whole ROYGBIV thing going on in my lap.

It's enough to keep you up all night with suspense, just waiting to see what comes up next.

For my own re-edification (for the next time I make one of these cowls I will have forgotten how I did it the first time):

CO 73.
Work 4 rounds in seed stitch.
Work almost the entire ball in St st.
Work another 4 rnds in seed stitch.
Cast off using a stretchy bind-off. (Russian is my fav.)

Finished product is 7.5" by 10.5" (when laid flat).

Disclaimer: I'm sure someone else has published the above, so I hereby take no credit for reinventing a wheel.

2 comments:

Gena said...

Heehee! I love happy little accidents like that!

Kara said...

It's an all-the-way rainbow! (Did you see that Double Rainbow video on YouTube?)

Pretty cute!