Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Coming Clean

A Rav friend over at Briney Deep came clean about how big her stash has gotten. Six miles to be exact.

Huh. Well. You take the Rav stash feature, download it into Excel, sum up the column, do a little conversion...

Oh, mean.

THIRTY MILES. That's what I've got.

I did go to the yarn store this week -- research for something, honest -- but I couldn't buy anything. I just couldn't. The overwhelming feeling of knowing that I have THIRTY MILES of yarn at home waiting for me numbed my fingertips, I think.

I think I have my New Year's Resolution.

3 comments:

MizLu said...

Oooh, boy. If you've got 30 miles, I cannot even imagine how far my stash would reach. But you're right--the thought of all those miles of yarn plus the fact that I have no more storage space does make it easier to refrain from ordering more.

Erin said...

I am now severely tempted to figure out how long mine would be. I don't think I want to know.

Kristin said...

But think of all of the stuff you can knit with 30 miles of yarn!!! Even though I only have 6, I hope we can both put big dents in the stash this year.