Saturday, December 14, 2013

StashDash part 3: Oliver Hat

Oliver, as in, "Please, sir, a little more."

In using up stash, I actually started running out of red yarn here. So I backtracked, added the top gray stripes, then after it was finished made the lower gray stripe in duplicate stitch for balance.

And then it wound up being too tall for the recipient. Oy!



It is for a coworker's one-year-old, however. He'll grow into it.

That red yarn: what mileage. A single skein of Cascade 220 Superwash gave me three blanket squares for a charity blanket and then this hat.

In StashDashing news… today is my "eviction" day from my office/crafting studio. Ha. The three projects I've posted as actually using up more stash than they cost me only totaled 500 yards.

It was a valiant effort. I'm afraid I'm just going to have to displace the wedding china.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. If I was only dutiful in getting rid of my stash. Great hat.