Monday, March 10, 2008

Key to Success

So, who else here didn't know about the time change yesterday? Anybody? Anybody?

Huh. Well, it took me by surprise. For weeks now, I've been scheduled to give a brief presentation to a Sunday school class who contributed to the New Mexico service trip I went on in the fall. I didn't forget about that.



I woke up on time (I thought). I was so pleased with myself for getting out of bed, I thought cheerfully of all the important things I'd be able to accomplish in that hour: eat breakfast, take a shower, get dressed nicely, print out my outline for the talk, perhaps even check my email.

Then at 9 a.m., I get a call from my co-presenter, asking me if I knew it was 10 a.m.

It just doesn't seem fair sometimes.

I leapt into the car and hurried right on down to church, hungry and perhaps a bit more greasy than I'd prefer, and spoke off the cuff. It actually went well. In fact, it went so well that two members of the class have invited me to give a short talk to the entire church at the main service in a few weeks for their cause.

I should be an hour late and in yesterday's clothes more often.

In other news: I'm getting a short play produced in the Out of Ink showcase in Austin, and another play produced in this event in late April, in Chicago. I'm getting pretty good at these here ten-minute plays.

In still other news, I am furiously seaming away at the 103-1 DROPS Cardigan in hopes that I can wear it once, just once, before the season is totally gone. I hope to have pictures oh-so-soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't mind the time change when we gain an hour (of sleep) but the other way around just stinks. Still, it seems to have worked out for you, so yay!